[ruby-core:51545] Haiku port problem
Paulo Geyer
2013-01-21 15:26:11 UTC
I'm trying to port ruby 1.9.3-p347 to Haiku (http://www.haiku-os.org/)

did some changes, created an ifdef to include <libelf.h> if the system
is _HAIKU_, removed the ifdef that unset SIGBUS in signal.c

but when compiling, it fails because couldn't find enc/trans/che.trans

this file should be there? Looking in depend script, seems that it
could find that file, but it doesn't exist
Martin J. Dürst
2013-01-22 00:45:14 UTC
Post by Paulo Geyer
I'm trying to port ruby 1.9.3-p347 to Haiku (http://www.haiku-os.org/)
did some changes, created an ifdef to include<libelf.h> if the system
is _HAIKU_, removed the ifdef that unset SIGBUS in signal.c
but when compiling, it fails because couldn't find enc/trans/che.trans
this file should be there? Looking in depend script, seems that it
could find that file, but it doesn't exist
There is indeed no such file in the distribution. Please open a bug for
this, at http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/, and provide more data.

Regards, Martin.
KOSAKI Motohiro
2013-01-22 02:19:33 UTC
Post by Paulo Geyer
I'm trying to port ruby 1.9.3-p347 to Haiku (http://www.haiku-os.org/)
did some changes, created an ifdef to include <libelf.h> if the system
is _HAIKU_, removed the ifdef that unset SIGBUS in signal.c
but when compiling, it fails because couldn't find enc/trans/che.trans
this file should be there? Looking in depend script, seems that it
could find that file, but it doesn't exist
As far as I heard, current trunk works fine one Haiku. Please consider
to try 2.0. :)
Paulo Geyer
2013-01-23 00:24:22 UTC
awesome! current trunk compiles in Haiku!

another problem, I can`t install gems that have native extensions like
sqlite3 and json via rubygems, a wrong parameter is passed to ld:
ld: unrecognized option `-Wl,-R/boot/common/lib`

after some search, I noticed that this may something related to the
lib/mkmf.rb generating wrong Makefile for Haiku, any tip on how to
solve that?
I'm reading it's source code, but couldn't figure out how to fix that yet

thanks,

to try 2.0. :)
Nobuyoshi Nakada
2013-01-23 01:01:17 UTC
Post by Paulo Geyer
another problem, I can`t install gems that have native extensions like
ld: unrecognized option `-Wl,-R/boot/common/lib`
after some search, I noticed that this may something related to the
lib/mkmf.rb generating wrong Makefile for Haiku, any tip on how to
solve that?
I'm reading it's source code, but couldn't figure out how to fix that yet
Please file a new issue ticket and show rbconfig.rb and Makefile.
--
Nobu Nakada